Sunday, January 4, 2009

School Night

Growing up, my mother would always say "Its a school night." Those four words carried so much weight. It meant alarm clocks had to be set, outfits laid out, homework done, etc. Plus, it produced a feeling of dread that the freedom you had been experiencing from not going to school was abruptly ending. Gulp. I start school tomorrow and from the looks of it, its going to be brutal. Pharmacology. Passing meds to real people (my mom graciously offered herself for injections...of what I don't know). Taking tests. And more tests on top of that. Sigh. I keep telling myself that come May 2010, all my "school nights" will finally be over. 
I'm back at the coast and I woke up yesterday with white streets. Today? Snowed again. Seriously is this winter ever going to be like a regular Oregon winter? Rain. No snow. Just rain. Rain I can drive in. Rain I can run in, leave the house, do everything like it were sunny but just a little wetter. With snow, I can't drive, especially here where the hills are steep. And getting out of the house is a must with the four kids running around (they're doing it right now!). As my older brothers would always say "Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt." 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It is raining now here so there better be school! Good luck tomorrow.