Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009: Mighty Fine


My older sister and I were off and running at midnight this morning for Portland's First Run. The 5K was a simple out and back along the Willamette waterfront, under a few bridges and over a few MAX tracks. There were quite a few costumes, ranging from a guy wearing a huge box (we think he was supposed to be an iPod) to the guy in a full Grinch costume. There was a cow costume as well, complete with a tail and udders. Honestly I don't know how they would run in any of those. On the way back, my sister was mistaken for a doctor (yeah I think it was the glasses Elizabeth) and I didn't tell my mom we were home so she had a restless night. Whoops. :) It rained all day today which I think fits Portland so much better than all that snow we had. My lovely vacation comes to an end tomorrow as I head back to the coast for another semester of nursing school. I'm anxious to hurry up and get back into my school rhythm but am sad to leave, even though I'll only be an hour and a half away. Here is hoping I get another 4.0 semester.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I don't think I like the phrase "older sister" it makes me sound old. And where did I put my stethascope?