Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sometimes You Do Learn Something



Why is it that your mother is usually right in the end? Well she was about the boy situation. But hopefully she won't be about my bones breaking when I'm thirty from my Diet Dr. Pepper habit. Anyway, I've learned that sometimes sitting in the front row of church isn't always a bad thing. And being preoccupied with a nursing test is a good thing. Finally, I need not to judge people so quickly. But this is what I've learned this past week about something. This is from an email my lovely friend let me dump on her. 

Anyway, I've decided not to go to single adult activities/institute for right now because I just get upset and obviously am too preoccupied to learn anything spiritually. That is what is frustrating me the most. How this one boy gets in the way of me trying to concentrate at church. For example, today. We were late, as usual (four kids you know? and my sister in law was sick) so I'm walking in late with my niece and my brother has chosen the front bench. Wonderful so we have to walk by everyone. Luckily I thought I looked pretty good. Which I never think but hey, all that running has to pay off somehow right? Anyway, I sit down, look up and whoa. The entire choir is sitting on the stand and who is sitting about 100 feet from me? Yeah. Dylan. Worse, he is sitting next to this young 18 year old just back from her first semester at BYU-I. *Rolls eyes.* But, I've decided NOT to care. Apparently my mind didn't get the memo. Because all through sacrament, etc. I am very aware that I can see him and vice versa. So the talks were on prayer, etc. and I am trying so hard to pay attention and get something, anything out of it and yeah. Has that ever happened to you? Its sooo annoying. Anyway, sacrament ends and he walks right by me, not saying anything. But I smile at my brother and go sit near the back for Sunday School because I AM over this. But someone has a cruel sense of humor because yeah, he sits next to me for Sunday School. Actually there was enough space between us for a small child which only further irritated me. Either sit by me or don't but don't play lukewarm k? Grrr. He asks me why I didn't go to the activity last night (um I had to study. Well actually I ran and watched Bones but study sounded better). He teased me about how Moses was in the Bible- stuff like that. Stuff that I so did NOT need at the moment. Not when I was just getting over the whole thing. By the time Sunday School ended I was furious. At him for sitting next to me and then abruptly walking away when I asked him where he had been going when I saw him when I was running. And at myself for thinking he might like me because he sat next to me. *throws hands up* I went to RS, hung out with people who actually make sense, and then I was waiting with my brother for the rest of the kids and he walks right by me. I can see him glance toward me out of the corner of my eye but he keeps walking. So I pulled out my .22 and shot a light out. No. But I felt like it. But as I left church, I wasn't as mad as I thought. Why? Because of those two words you said awhile back. "Not yet." Because even though I think I might want to date him and fall in love and yadda yadda yadda, school is what I'm doing right now and I am so not going to fail nursing school over a boy. Especially since I want to marry a MAN. And you're married FOREVER. Thinking that, singleness is looking mighty appealing. I can go running whenever I want, eat Lean Cuisines every night for dinner, and sleep soundly in my twin bed ( I hate anything bigger). 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

First off lets not use "when I am 30" like that is SO old.

But aside from that so funny! Not your situation but how you write. I should have you write my blog so it is funny and entertaining. Then maybe I could push past the limit of 4 comments. I live for the comments.

katie j said...

Oh my stars. A week later, you and your .22 still make me laugh. And yes, just remember: "You a want a MAN forever, not a BOY for a little while."