Tuesday, December 23, 2008

100 Facts


I read on someone else's blog that you should put 100 things about yourself in case someone who doesn't know you is reading your blog. I don't know who else would be reading my blog other than people I know, but I'm stuck inside and waiting for a cake to bake so here it is:


1. I lived in the same zip code until I left for college.
2. There is seventeen years between my oldest brother and I and there are seven boys and three girls.
3. I am an inch taller than my identical twin sister, who is 5’7”.
4. I prefer to eat bananas with a fork because otherwise, you get too much banana in one bite.
5. I’ve finished three marathons: St. George twice and Las Vegas.
6. I don’t know how to drive a stick shift and when a guy tried to teach me, I killed the engine three times in a row.
7. I’ve never been out of the United States and my sister and I decided we are continent bound since our mother doesn’t like water or airplane rides.
8. When I was four, I cut open my forehead on my parent’s glass table and got ten stitches. I had to wear a bandage around my head for an entire year.
9. I can’t sing. And neither can most of my siblings, which makes singing Happy Birthday somewhat amusing.
10. I failed my drivers test because I didn’t get into the correct lane while trying to make a left turn on a one way street. I’m the only one out of the ten kids not to pass on the first time.
11. I went to a BYU ward for six and a half years and only gave one talk.
12. Baywatch was the first television show I remember racing to the TV so I wouldn’t miss it. Thanks Nathan.
13. Matlock was watched on a daily basis during the summer before my freshman year of high school.
14. I’ve only been pulled over once, for speeding. I was nice and polite to the policeman and somehow that got me out of getting a ticket. That or my short gym shorts.
15. When I was little, I asked my mom if she would still be alive when I got married.
16. A book I can read over and over again is Jane Eyre.
17. My favorite ice cream is mint Oreo, preferable from the BYU Creamery.
18. I’ve never broken a bone and I’ve never gotten my heart broken.
19. When I was eleven, I raced my brother on my bike and lost control and knocked out my two front teeth. I now have four fake front teeth.
20. I’m legally blind without my contact lens and am pretty much blind while driving at night.
21. I love hoodies.
21. I prefer to wear clothes at least one size too big.
22. One summer, I bought seven different pairs of Crocs, each a different color.
23. My first music concert was Britney Spears at the county fair.
24. My favorite music concert was Tim McGraw/Faith Hill with my friend Katie.
25. Where the book was better than the movie: The Kite Runner.
26. Where the movie was better than the book: North and South.
27. The most disappointing movie: The X-Files sequel.
28. TV shows I’m watching now: House, Bones, Fringe, Chuck, The Office, and 30 Rock.
29. The book I’m currently reading: Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.
30. Where I want to live when I “grow up”: someplace green and warm.
31. French is a language I would like to learn, though Spanish would be more practical.
32. The first time I heard the term “going out”; I was in sixth grade on the bus. I asked the girl who said she was going out with another boy where they were going. I got a blank look in return.
33. I grew out my bangs for the first time in sixth grade and my math teacher threatened to cut them off because they were always in my eyes.
34. The day I was supposed to get my braces off in eighth grade, I threw up and had to wait two more weeks.
35. I lost my first CTR ring on the soccer field at my elementary school.
36. I’m not a big fan of smoothies; I’d rather chew my meal.
37. When they closed all of the local Chili’s, I was genuinely devastated.
38. I love 80’s rock ballads, especially Meat Loaf, Journey, Bon Jovi, etc.
39. I’m a fan of emo music but I don’t tell a lot of people that.
40. The most I have ever run in one week is forty miles.
41. I took piano lessons for eight years but haven’t played in seven years.
42. I bought my first Mac computer a few months ago and love it.
43. My parents will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary next year.
44. My mom was born on Christmas.
45. I have the same birthday as Dustin Hoffman and my older sister has the same birthday as Abraham Lincoln. She wins.
46. When I was five or six, I wanted to grow up and have black skin and red hair.
47. In middle school, I decided I would get married by twenty and have twenty kids and name them after Canada provinces.
48. I have an irrational fear of being kidnapped. Watching Law and Order: SVU probably doesn’t help.
49. My back up career is a long haul truck driver; though I think my impaired night vision would disqualify me for that.
50. I am fascinated by mini marts/convenience stores. They have everything.
51. I’ve never held a real gun.
52. I don’t like to dress up for Halloween, mostly because I can never think of anything to be.
53. Sugar Free Rockstar and a Costco size bag of Hershey Kisses got me through my first semester of nursing school.
54. I didn’t get my first cavity until I was 24. And I had six…or eight.
55. My dentist looks like Tom Cruise but more attractive.
56. My first car was a 1985(?) blue Volvo. It was like a Lego on wheels.
57. I don’t keep in touch with anyone from high school or college except Katie.
58. If I’m bored, I’ll take a nap.
59. The one time I dyed my hair almost black, I had to get a new driver’s license. I get the double take look when someone asks for my ID.
60. The first time I went on a place, I was fifteen and we went to Disneyworld.
61. I like to sit in the back row at church.
62. I had croup when I was nine and not being able to breathe was freakin’ scary.
63. Christmas break of 1993, I got the chicken pox really bad. My twin sister got like ten spots.
64. Even though it was “interesting” at times, I loved this last summer where my older sister and her three kids lived with my parents and me.
65. Katie, Joanna, and I can carry on a conversation made up mostly of quotes.
66. I never got into the habit of biting my nails, but I did crack my knuckles a lot in sixth grade.
67. I never went to my high school prom.
68. When people find out I’m a twin, they ask if I can feel pain when she has pain and if we have ESP.
69. My brothers: Christopher, Andrew, Matthew, Joshua, Nathan, Aaron, Seth, Eric (in-law).
70. My sisters: Elizabeth, Joanna, (in-law): Amy, Jolene, Alycia, Heather, Jen.
71. I have nineteen nieces and nephews and I only know the month they were born.
72. I discovered Twilight a good year before it became a hit. I read a review of it in one of those free magazines they put on everyone’s doorstep in Provo.
73. Oatmeal is a food I could eat everyday for the rest of my life.
74. In elementary school, I hated having a summer birthday because I was never sung to at school or had the cupcakes brought in.
75. I can’t parallel park and get confused on which way to turn the wheel if I think about it too much when I am just backing up normally.
76. I never drink water or milk: just Diet Dr. Pepper. My mom says my bones are probably worse than hers.
77. When my first pet died, he was face down in his food dish (he was a parakeet). Joanna laughed and I cried and my older brother helped me bury him in a shoe box in the backyard of our rental house. I was in seventh grade.
78. I think white chocolate and Swedish fish are disgusting.
79. I like the words disenchanted, superfluity, and shattered. I hate the word moist.
80. Skip Bo was a game I played with my Grandma when I stayed at her house. I had the deluxe version- it came with a board.
81. One time, Joanna and I played Monopoly and I owned the two rich sides and she owned the two poor sides but I kept lending her money. We ended up making more money out of paper so we could keep playing.
82. It takes about fourteen hours to drive from Portland, Oregon to Provo, Utah. I think I’ve been on that trip at least twenty times.
83. I haven’t owned a swimsuit in at least five years.
84. I have a café au lait birthmark on my right wrist.
85. My second favorite job was being an ice-cream scooper/cake builder at Baskin Robbins while in high school.
86. My favorite job (so far) was being a patient care tech in the ICU in Provo.
87. I’ve thrown up in every house I’ve lived in. And some I visit (he he Katie.)
88. Even though I’m twenty five, I get mistaken for being a teenager quite a bit. My mom says it’s my lack of make up.
89. I hate wearing make up.
90. I love discovering new music and love it even more when other people like it too.
91. I’m not a big cook. I could eat a Lean Cuisine dinner every night for the rest of my life and be fine with that.
92. My favorite hymn is How Firm a Foundation.
93. My favorite song is Screaming Infidelities by Dashboard Confessional.
94. I look horrible in yellow and decent in blue and brown.
95. I’ve never been on a motorcycle but I rode on a moped once and freaked out.
96. My dad tells really corny jokes and his humor has been passed on to all of us.
97. I hate the snow because I can’t drive in it, it means the weather is cold, and running in it is frustrating.
98. The only natural disaster I’ve ever been in was an earthquake that wasn’t even that big. I think the scariest one to be in would be a tornado. Or a tsunami. Maybe a hurricane…
99. I check ew.com and tvguide.com at least five times a day. And my email at least fifty.
100. I would rather be hot than cold.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so amazed that you could think of 100 facts about yourself. I think I would be stuck after 10 maybe 20. It was fun to read!

Lynnie said...

Amen to #26.