Saturday, December 27, 2008

Getting Warmer

The weather is finally warming up. I think the temperature actually hit forty degrees today and all the snow and ice is melting nicely. Well kind of. All of the streets are clear but the sidewalks aren't which makes for a frustrating run so I usually run on the street anyway. I think I got a few dirty looks today but whatever. Its better that than falling and twisting my ankle. But I haven't driven a car in over two weeks and I seriously miss it. The right one is the gas pedal...right? I have one week left before school starts and I intend to spend as little time indoors as possible. I'm actually very anxious to get back to Astoria and get back in my own rhythm. Not that I don't love being at home, but because I know its not permanent, I just feel an underlying sense of anxiety. And I miss my computer. And my bed. One thing I realized is I really only like sleeping in a twin sized bed. Everything else is just too big. There is not enough me to fill up the mattress. Tomorrow is Sunday and I haven't been to church in two weeks and I hope we still sing Christmas songs because I totally missed out on that this year. Angels We Have Heard on High is the best to sing.

No comments: