Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End: 2008



Normally New Year's Eve feels like every other night. There are no parties to attend, no guy to kiss when that one song with the words no one really knows starts to play, none of that. But tonight I'm actually doing something other than sitting inside watching the ball fall, which really already fell. My older sister and I are going on a run that starts at midnight. I think its a great way to start 2009. I always like the odd number years better- I think it looks better to write and I like writing the number nine. So 2009 will be a good year. 2008 was a respectable year. Looking back, here is what happened in my life:


1. I moved back home into my parents house after living in Provo, Utah for six years.
2. A nursing school finally let me in.
3. I got an excellent idea of what its like to live in a house with small children.
4. Learned how to roll vinyl and developed a strong taste for sugar free energy drinks.
5. Lost about 30 pounds but that number might be less given the holiday season.
6. Fell in love with running again.
7. Held a guy's hand for the first time.
8. Kissed a guy for the first time.
9. Drove a stick shift and killed it three times in a row.
10. Went to the beach at midnight.
11. Shot a gun. And I liked it. A lot.
12. Am unemployed for the first time in five years.
13. Got a 4.0 in school.
14. Became an aunt for the nineteenth time.
15. Started a blog.
So that's 2008. A lot of "firsts" for me. I think 2009 will be a year of repeats, hopefully in my grades, relationships, and health. And shooting. Yeah I really liked it.

No comments: