Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Try Not to Slip

It never snows here. Okay, well it does sometimes. But not enough to count. And when the white stuff actually hits the ground, everything stops. Schools close. The speed limit suddenly drops to five miles an hour. The weather becomes the only thing discussed on the news and it is pretty much analyzed from every view point until even I could tell you the weather pattern for the next few days. Its really quite amusing. What isn't so great is its makes running outside a bit complicated. I've run in snow before and I think its a little like running on sand-except you could fall. And its colder. Yesterday the wind was high so I didn't venture out so by this afternoon I was going crazy to get out there. And it wasn't too bad. There were a few sketchy spots (going around a blind curve increased my adrenaline a tad) but I didn't slip once. Only when I was done with my run and was trying to put my hair back up did I almost fall. Twice. Unfortunately another storm is coming tommorrow with even more snow. But I don't care; I'm going to go out and run anyway. Hey, at least the cars will be going slow enough. Right?

1 comment:

katie j said...

You might want to rethink the Running in the Snow, my dear. This is akin to you running in the middle-of-the-day 90 degree summer heat in Provo - maybe not the best idea for your health. Just be careful out there.... :)