Saturday, December 20, 2008

Confectioner's Sugar


A winter storm warning has been issued. Officially. But really, just look outside and its all white. On my run this morning, I passed a few other runners and we exchanged the wave that says "Hey I'm glad to see someone else out here; running is great huh?" I came thisclose to falling but managed to catch myself, though I still got that adrenaline rush that happens. I'm stuck indoors because my parents had "errands" to run. *rolls eyes* And I thought it was really Santa that gave me a present every year. So instead of shuffling through the mall, I'm baking. And there is powdered sugar everywhere. I was determined when I started out that I would keep my workspace clean. There is something about powdered sugar that it just goes everywhere and when you try to clean it up, you end up making a bigger mess than you had started out with.


I'd like to thank my best friend (who is not my sister) for her uncanny ability to find awesome songs. With the parents gone and only two dachshunds here, I can turn up the music as loud as I want. Thanks Katie :) I love October Day and Thriving Ivory. Though such music tends to set off my imagination and can sometimes induce melancholy. Usually when this happens, a quick jaunt sets me right but since the weather is so not cooperating, I will just turn up the volume.

1 comment:

katie j said...

So glad you like Thriving Ivory and October Fall. Check out TI's "Twilight" and OF's "Keep Dreaming Upside Down" - both excellent songs. And good luck trying to contain those kitchen messes...