Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008


Usually there is one specific thing that makes each Christmas that Christmas. For instance, the Christmas of 2007 was the first one I wasn't in Portland but in Utah. When I was eight, my sister was extremely sick with the flu and I spent the majority of my holiday cheer worrying about her. The Christmas in the rental house when we got our first real computer. This Christmas will be remembered as the one where I was stuck inside for almost two weeks because of the snow and Christmas Eve dinner was postponed until Christmas Day. My dad, mom, brother, and sister ate fast food for dinner and I had my Lean Cuisine. It was very odd, knowing that it was the 24th of December and I was eating a heated meal of rice and beans. Every time Christmas ends, I always wonder where I'll be the next year. Last year, I had no idea since I was still applying to school in two different states. Next year, I know I'll be in Oregon. But I hope next year I have an Oregon Christmas- rainy and gray. White Christmas' are nice, just not twelve days of it.

No comments: